Announcing the Joseph John Martin Memorial Scholarship
Our Lady of the Mountains Council is proud to again sponsor the Joseph John Martin Memorial Scholarship. The Testamentary Trust under the Last Will and Testament of Eleanor V. Martin allows for five (5) scholarships of $10,000 each to be presented annually to children/grandchildren of members in good standing in 2017, of Our Lady of the Mountains Council 3533. This is a one-time grant to each recipient. Patricia A. Bennett, Esq. is Executrix of the Estate and will administer the scholarship funds. All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Incoming college freshman or full time students currently attending a four year college
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Have a financial need not covered by other scholarships
- Must have demonstrated, through community service that they understand and appreciate the need for those who have more to help those less fortunate.
Applicants for these scholarships will be evaluated based upon the following criteria:
- Outstanding character
- Academic Achievements
- Outstanding accomplishments in Community Service
Scholarship recipients will be notified the first week of June 2017. All scholarship funds will be distributed in August in advance of the 2017 Fall Semester and will be sent directly to the Bursar’s office of the recipient’s college.
To view a sample application, please click here.